Learning and Wondering

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Editing an Article on Wikipedia

How easy or difficult was it to find articles that needed editing? Were the errors you found factual or grammar / spelling?

It was not easy to find an article that I was able to edit. Most of the articles that I read were very well referenced. I did find a small article on a village in central Alberta where my mom's family came from. My great-grandfather was the first mayor and this information was not in the article, so I added it in. The hardest part was figuring out how to reference the information. I put in the url for the village museum that does have pictures and other information about the first mayor and the general store that was his business in the community. Unfortunately, I was unable to find an online reference to him.

So, can I call myself an editor now?
If only there was a paycheque to go with the title!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home