:( Trying to Customize My Blog :(
Since starting this blog to learn more about different aspects of Web 2.0, I decided that I would learn more if I customized my blog. Not to mention, that I was quite jealous of some of the really beautiful blogs that I saw when I browsed some of the other CPL bloggers sites. WOW! Some of you really know your stuff.
I even had a much more knowledgeable staff member help me. We found some really great free blog templates through google. All we (really she) had to do was copy the HTML (control + C) and then go into my dashboard; click customize; click HTML; select all (control + A) and replace it with the saved HTML (control + V). No problem, I really am a whiz at copy and paste - so now that I could see where to go to find the HTML and then just copy and paste - it was a snap!
Do you think that this is the end of the story? Unfortunately not. When we went to view the blog, there was a banner just under the name of my blog. It did not appear in the preview of the template. This was a banner in German that was definitely NOT what I wanted on my blog and not an ideology that I would ever promote!!! It took her more than an hour to get rid of this banner, and then only because she was able to go back to the "classic blog" and then change my template to the one I had originally picked with blogger. Now every time I have tried to add anything to my blog - a list of tags in my posts; a picture at the top of the blog - this embedded image shows up on my blog.
The last time I tried to add something, I ended up making a new blog, copying and pasting my posts on it, and then deleting the original one. Then I made the original blog again and had to copy and paste my posts back on it. I am afraid of trying anything again, so I think I will practice on the second blog and keep my original one safe.
Thanks for reading my rant! Has anyone else had issues like this?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home