Learning and Wondering

Friday, May 21, 2010

LibraryThing

Do you see any practical applications for LibraryThing either at home or at work? Will you start using this site?

I see this site as another good way to look up titles and authors and also to find some read-alike suggestions. Also, the ability to make lists of books would be helpful to some people. Because we no longer have the "my list" on the CPL website, I will suggest to customers to use LibraryThing for this purpose. I saw suggestions for lists such as: Books I have read; Books I own; Books I would like to read; Books I have loaned to other people. Members of book clubs could also use the lists capability to make lists of books that the club has read and possible book club reads for the future. The social networking aspect with other avid readers is also good, again especially for book club members.

I will not personally use this site right now because I just don't have the time to keep up with it. At some point in the future, I may start to use LibraryThing for my personal books and book lists. I will definitely use it when I am no longer at the library every day with access to our catalogue on a daily basis.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home